Publisher's Synopsis:This instant holiday classic is packed with 50 recipes, each gorgeously photographed and meticulously tested, along with dozens of decorating and packaging ideas. Filled with re-imagined favorites like Giant Molasses Spice Cookies and Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies; confections like Peppermint Bark, Smoked Almond and Cacao Nib Brittle, and Dark Chocolate-Hazelnut Fudge; and detailed instructions for gorgeous gingerbread houses, cookie place cards, and edible ornaments, this is a cookie book like no other. Because the recipes are easy to scale up or down, Holiday Cookies is perfect for cookie exchanges, gift-giving, and just enjoying throughout the season. From a veteran baker and recipe developer, each cookie in this collection is guaranteed to be a stand-out, and destined to become your new Christmas classic.
Happy Holidays equals many sorts of Yums! Starting before December was ushered in, three generations spent time browsing, drooling, and choosing which cookies we wanted to try. To be honest with you, we chose the next morsel every time we turned the page. Since a review can not be that lengthy, we tried to narrow it down to just a few temptations (25/50 was getting closer to our goal). Finally, one voice was given one vote!
Not only is Erin Scott's photography delectably delicious, your mouth will be tricked into believing that you are just about to taste something unbelievably scrumptious! Once of my most important "novice" requirements is with the organization, the language (a must is user friendly terms and ingredients), and the ease in relocating my choices. A shout out to the design, layout, and International sweetness for each section:
- Very Merry Classics: Minty Spritz (pg.27); Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwich (pg.35); Chocolate-stenciled Shortbread (pg.40)
- Cookie Exchange Party: Red-and-white Meringue Kisses (pg.48); Oatmeal Crisps with Chocolate (pg.52); Malted Milk Chocolate (pg.63)
- Warm Holiday Spice: Thumbprints with Spicy Plum Jam (pg.69); Saffron Pistachio Biscotti (pg.74)
- Around the World: South American Alfajores (pg.95); Danish Butter Wreaths (pg.99)
- Holiday Confections: Peppermint Bark (pg.110); Apple Cider Caramels (pg.113); Bourbon and Maple Chocolate Truffles (pg.122)
- Decorated Delights: Doily-Rolled Gingersnaps (pg.136); Stained-Glass Snowflakes (pg.144)
Elisabet is a food stylist based in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is passionate about baking and specializes in styling and recipe development for baked goods.
"The aroma of baking that fills my home in December
is unlike any other time of year
and heightens my excitement..."
Baking is an enjoyable art
Get ready to spend time
planning the "Yum" for your
Meet the Author:
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."